A Governor who will champion Maine…
- Establish Pre-Kindergarten programs in every school district.
- Provide more teaching time by simplifying testing and accountability rules.
- Emphasize vocational / technical education at both high school and college levels.
- Restore university funding lost since 2008.
- Increase bond funding to the University system for R&D.
- Lead efforts to reform the Electoral College.
- Elect Attorney General by popular vote.
- Restore democracy to presidential elections through National Popular Vote Compact.
- Insure that no one goes cold.
- Eliminate hunger among Maine’s children.
- Paid sick time.
- Living wages.
- Equal pay for women.
- The right to union representation.
- Expand MaineCare and support the formation of a universally accessible public healthcare system.
- Develop programs to help seniors age at home.
- Increase the availability of group housing for individuals in substance abuse recovery.
- Promote community based overdose response teams.
- Support and establish primary care clinics throughout rural Maine.
- Develop a comprehensive state policy on immigration to accelerate transition of immigrants and refugees into Maine’s workforce.
Preserving our Natural Resources
- Clean air and water benchmarks to reduce carbon.
- Transition from fossil fuels to renewable sources.
- Install high-efficiency insulation in houses, apartments and small business.
- Increase wood pellet stoves and boilers to boost Maine’s forest products economy.
- Expand use of COMMUNITY-based renewables: wind, solar and battery storage.
Revitalizing our Rural Economy
- Invest State resources in developing aquaculture, wood products and community energy production.
- Scale up farm-to-table products and expand opportunities for young farmers.
- Help fisheries and aquaculture find new markets and adapt to Global Warming.
- Address the lack of enforcement regarding transportation of wood products.
- Develop homesteading initiative to increase available housing and new residents for Maine’s rural counties.
- Provide preferential cannabis cultivation licenses to rural Mainers.
- Promote local farms, eco-tourism and renewable energy investments.
- Preserve rural fire and medical emergency response through shared resources.
- Focus juvenile justice system on restorative justice as its core principle.
- Prepare all adult inmates for return to the workforce.
- Reduce employment barriers for individuals convicted of non-violent crimes.
- Legalize the cultivation and retail sale of recreational cannabis products.
- Redesign gas tax to provide reliable revenue for roads and bridges.
- Expand passenger rail and bus service to form statewide network.